Fulham Primary Queensmill unit opened in September 2011 and is successfully catering for children with Autism.
FPQU is affiliated to Queensmill school and we have strong links and relationships between us. The children in FPQU are supported by specifically trained staff in an environment where each child can integrate within a mainstream environment during learning time and play.
The unit is specifically an ASD (Autism spectrum disorder) unit that is responsible for the education of 30 children.
FPQM unit is broken down into 3 classes:
- Daisies, which is run by Foteini Tsiakalou . This class provides for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
- Tigers, which is run by Emily Bennett . This class provides for children in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Rhinos, which is run by Mary Uprichard. This class provides for children in Year 5 and Year 6.
Each class is supported by trained ASD staff who ensure the children receive the correct support whilst learning and encourage social interaction between the unit children and the children in the mainstream.
FPQU is a very happy and thriving part of Fulham Primary school where staff and children work together to create a happy and engaging school experience.
- SEN – LBHF poster
- SEN – LBHF leaflet
- Policy for Special Educational Needs 2015
- Policy for Disability Equality Scheme 2015
- Safe guarding and CP updated Feb 2013